Summer is here and that means it is time to dust off that grill and get cooking! This is one of my husband’s favorite season to grill out and what a better way to kick it off then by making one of our favorite recipes! We were introduced to this recipe by a family friend and it was a party favorite after that. We managed to make our recipe that came very close to the original and it was just as delicious. I hope you give this one a try!
(We have 10 people under one roof, so we doubled up this recipe and still had leftovers.)
- 1 (3lb.) Flank Steak, sliced into thin pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 (8oz.) can of lemon-lime soda
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag bamboo skewers
This is a really easy recipe, you can even make this the night before. Also, before starting, soak your skewers in warm water for a few hours so that they don’t burn on the grill.
- In a baking dish or something you can marinade in, combine: soy sauce, soda, garlic powder, black pepper, ginger, brown sugar and salt.
- Cut steak into long, thin strips and place into marinade. You can leave it overnight or if you plan to use it that day, leave it for about 4 hours.
- Skewer Meat onto the sticks and save the leftover marinade for basting while the meat is grilling.
Fire up your grill and let meat cook for about 5 minutes on one side and you can brush the remaining marinade on the meat, flip two more times until meat is fully cooked.
As soon as all the meat is cooked, we like to serve it immediately along side homemade fried rice and whatever side dish we decide to make. You can also serve it with plain rice, or just eat it as is. I won’t judge!
If you follow me on Instagram, tag me in your creations! I’d love to see your take on this and any other recipe that you have tried!