Nothing says comfort food like a warm and veggie packed soup on a rainy fall evening. I can’t remember where I found this recipe, but I’m pretty sure it was through the abyss that is Pinterest. Either way, ever since I found it, it has been my go- to with a few minor changes due to picky eaters. I hope you give it a try, it is really easy with simple ingredients and very short preperation time.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 White onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrot, Sliced
- 1 Cup Celery, Sliced
- 2 Zucchini, Chopped and peeled (peeling is optional)- I leave this one out sadly. Picky eaters.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Can (28 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Kidney or Canellini Beans, Drained
- 1 Can (15.75 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cartons of Vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley (I used garlic salt with parsley)
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1- 2 Teaspoon salt (I did it to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper (also to taste)
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves (about 2 big handfuls)
- 1 1/2 Cups Pasta of your choice ( I used elbow pasta)
- To make less of a mess, in a large pot , over medium- high melt butter and saute carrots, onion, celery, zucchini, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook them until vegetables are tender and stir occasionally for about 8- 10 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Let it come to a low boil and turn the heat down to medium heat. Let simmer for another 10- 15 minutes.
- Add in pasta and spinach. Let cook until pasta is done and serve as is!
Also ,if you’re feeling fancy, top with a little bit of grated Parmesan. It is so good, trust me!